Call for Proposals:
Student Project Assistance Grants
The Miniature Book Society is delighted to announce the 2019 Student Grants Program for the purpose of enabling students to pursue study in the medium of miniature books. Grants will be awarded up to the value of $1,000.00 for any one project and may be granted to enable continuation and completion of existing projects.
• Any student enrolled in a fine arts, graphic arts, book arts, history of publishing, or information and library sciences program.
• Projects devoted to one or more books not more than 3 inches x 3 inches (i.e. 75 mm x 75 mm).
• Applicants must have a letter of recommendation from their Department Chair, academic advisor or course instructor.
POSSIBLE GRANT ASSISTANCE PROPOSALS MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Travel for research relating to the goals outlined in the proposal,
• Research costs (e.g. article access costs, copying costs, postage, etc.),
• Project materials costs (paper, binding materials, printing plates, etc.),
• Hardware required to carry out the project.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Student Awards Committee (SAC) of the Miniature Book Society, and evaluated on the basis of merit, opportunity for personal growth, and importance to the field of miniature books in all its aspects. Selected projects will be eligible for the grant for the year in which it is awarded. Recipients will only be eligible for one grant. Recipients will be expected to keep the Committee informed of progress of the project on a bimonthly basis, and be prepared to contribute an article for the Miniature Book Society Newsletter on completion of their project.
TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL:
Please complete the MBS Student Project Application form, located here or by clicking the link below. Applications should be sent as a .pdf file to Chair of the Student Awards Committee, Louis Pitschmann at email@example.com. Please entitle your file with your last name and “2019 grant application.” Applications received after the allocation of all the funding may be re‐submitted the following year.
DEADLINES AND NOTIFICATIONS:
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Decisions regarding the allocation of the grants will be made quarterly in 2019: January, April, July, and October. Applicants will be notified of the Committee’s decision by email.
Applicants will be notified by email within six weeks of receipt the application.