PROJECT ASSISTANCE GRANT
The Miniature Book Society is delighted to announce a series of project assistance grants for the purpose of enabling students to pursue study in the medium of miniature books. To enable continuation and completion of existing projects, up to 5 grants will be awarded with a maximum value of $1,000 each. These grants are given in association with Bromer Booksellers of Boston and the kind support of individual MBS members.
• Any student enrolled in a fine arts, graphic arts, book arts or information and library sciences program
• Applicants must have a letter of recommendation from their Department Chair, academic advisor or course instructor
POSSIBLE GRANT ASSISTANCE PROPOSALS MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Travel for research into the specific proposal
• Research costs (e.g., article access costs, copying costs, postage, etc.)
• Project materials costs (paper, binding materials, printing plates, etc.)
• Hardware required to carry out the project
Proposals will be reviewed by the Student Awards Committee (SAC) of the Miniature Book Society, and evaluated on the basis of merit, opportunity for personal growth, and importance to the field of miniature books in all its aspects. Selected projects will be eligible for the grant for the year in which it is granted. Recipients will only be eligible for one grant. Recipients will be expected to keep the SAC informed of progress on the project on a bi-monthly basis, and be prepared to contribute an article for the MBS Newsletter on completion of their project.
TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Please complete the MBS Student Project Application Form (below) and ensure that all required information noted in the checklist is included. Please entitle your file with your last name and "2018 grant application" in the subject line. Applications received after the allocation of all the funding may be resubmitted the following year. Application forms should be sent as a pdf file to Stephen Byrne at email@example.com. Stephen can also answer questions you might have about the application process.
Applicants will be notified by email within six weeks of receipt the application.